Wednesday, August 01, 2007

US, road trip, Day # 4 - Cattaraugus County & Cleveland

So far we had driven only highways. We wanted to see some country side too, so we chose to drive through the Cattaraugus County. In Cattaraugus County we went through the Amish land and we stopped in one Amish shop and bought a small amish quilt. It felt just like going back 400 years. Ever since I was a student in university majoring comparative religion I have been fascinated of the religious life of amish and their way of life. I was a bit afraid that we might bothering them when going to their land, but since the shops were listed in the Cattaraugus County Tourism Magazine I thought it was okay for us to go there. And what a friendly people they are. Amish do not want pictures taken from them or their land. It is their way of life and we wanted to respect that, so no photos taken.

And then it was time for Cleveland. We wanted to add this city to our travel list, since there was a big convention for a hobby of ours and we just wanted to see one in our lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment